10.9.14

# on my shelf - Jennifer Leveau





 one of my favourite hashtags on instagram is the #onmyshelf one
Love to admire all these beautiful styled shelves

 (or whatever used... tables, cabinets, cupboard)
 but most of all the added personal touch 
gives us the idea getting to know each other a little bit...
and that is what attracts me most

Last week when I was making some plans
to create my own workspace while restyling my shelves - 
I was asking myself:  wouldn't it be fun to share some #shelfies on my blog... 
don't we all love to share and to be inspired by each other's 
creative ideas and knowing a little bit more about it ? 

I have asked some of of my favourite bloggers to share their "shelfies"
  accompanied by some words or a short story... 

this week Jennifer - founder of the beautiful and always inspiring j.levau.blog 
  (love her styling and her very personal stories) 
and owner of the j.leveau webshop  
shares hers... 
                                                                                       

Jennifer wrote me: 

 Actually my "shelf" is a storage combination with doors from the bestå series of Ikea. 

When you have kids you need a lot of storage space to be able to clean up loose stuff and hide it!
In our case it had to be a compact storage cabinet and it had to serve other purposes as well.
The chosen (and very practical) Bestå storage cabinet can be used as a bench...  
or... as a creative shelf for this crazy mother obsessed by interior :-) 

Influenced by my mood of the moment, but also by the change of seasons, 
I love to rearrange and restyle my shelf very often... but I always keep it simple, 
without strong colors,  just natural!

For this fall and winter I am in the mood for nude, shades of grey, hints of green and brass, 
different kinds of wood and cork and knitted textiles and skins.
 I love it when a shelf looks personal with mixes of practical and beautiful items
 (handcrafted ones imparticular) and lots of different materials and shapes.

I think round shapes add warmth to an interior...  as well as images or photos of people. 
To create a warmer atmosphere in your home during fall and winter 
I would like to recommend to add wood, textiles,  rugs and perhaps 
some new posters with warmer colors or shapes. 
Plants are great to add as well. Cactuses (easy to look after and a bit rough and edgy, like me :)) 
are my absolute favourites at the moment :).

On my shelf you´ll see many items by Hay (a favourite brand)  and some items from my shop,
the j. levau shop from which I pick and choose items after mood and trends. 
The poster, from Artek is my latest purchase, just love it! 
                                                                               
                       Ps. Would you like to share your #shelf?? Feel free to join in.. and send me a mail! 
                              

                                                                                                                                     all photos by Jennifer leveau                                                                                                                                                                        special thanks to Mirjam Hoekzema ;-)